返回列表 发帖

为什么这个人这么好运!!!转。。

Hi --this is for T60p users

I bought a T43p in Feb, last year.... my first thinkpad.

This is the most dysfunctional machine I ever fell totally in love with --had it seven months --and have yet to use it longer than two weeks at a stretch..... I think I won the random "you got every weird manufacturing defect possible" award....

I'm confident I experienced an incredible series of manufacturing flukes --including the fact that IBM's SWAT team had my machine in their labs to do an autopsy, replaced the motherboard, and everything else --and still sent it back to me BROKEN! Ubelievable

So here's my question.... IBM is offering me two replacement options....

(1) a new T43p, 2.26 single core Centrino, 100 gig 7200 SATA, bluetooth, light scribe, etc.... extra gig RAM and Extra hot swap drive --That they personally beat on to stress test --OR

(2) a T60p Similarly configured.... 2.16 dual core, 15" screen, right of the line (minus extra drive)

I want about two/three years of life from this machine -- and I do big CAD, and 3D modeling.... so the extra CPU power with the ATI 5200 card is better for me.... AutoCAD, 3D studio, etc....

BUT... I use this machine --every day-- to make a living , so I need a bullet proof computer, more than the latetest and greatest...

Thing is
(a) the new T60p cost less than what I paid for the T43p (with less CPU and graphics power, smaller drive, etc) ;

(b) I hear that the falure rate is *much* higher.

but (c) I already have next day, on-site service warranty that I'll apply to the new machine

Also... I really want an the machine to have an "IBM" feel to it, even if it's officially "Lenovo" now.... it's hard to imagine Lenovo being so stupid to f*ck up the case and keyboard at the absolute top of the line --but anything is possible.

Any thoughts on the smarter choice? I've gone back and forth.... but haven't talked to any actual T60p users

so thanks for any feedback that can help.. I need to figure this out by my the middle of next week, and obviously want to make the smartest choice --and there's good arguments in both directions.

Thinkpad T43p 2668.H2U

他的t43p坏了。。IBM让他在一台新的t43p和一台t60p之间选择。。

为什么我没有出生在美国????

返回列表